Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow"



I paint my nails every night, 1 base coat, 2 coats of opaque color, 1 top coat. I don't miss days, I don't skimp on base, and top coat quality. I like stability, rinse and repeat helps me relax, habits form, I take deep breaths. It's not about speed, fast drying, peel off, I will wait. I love to line the jars of varnish. I live for small quilted squares of cotton, and pink extra strength remover. I inhale for the slight smell of chemical solution. Turn the squares in 4 circles on each nail bed. I paint in slow streaks. I concentrate on each tiny flat surface, each line matching to the next, each cuticle bed a light pink, each tip painted smooth. In that space nothing else matters. I don't think about work, or money, or what might happen next. I breathe in and breathe out. In total it's 20 minutes of painting until I sit silently, very still, a clean slate. I'm a perfectionist, perfect circle, perfect lines, perfect smooth shiny surfaces. For the next hour it's a delicate balance, a conscious decision not to dent the surface. Keep the peace, meditation, silent still forced moments, all for the cause, 24 hours of slick half moons. It's all about the repeat, the promise of a new color tomorrow, another pause in time.  

Lesson #54: Form peace in still moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment