Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blind

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. 
-Blaise Pascal

Ok so I might be making it up as I go along. Some days, I have no idea what I'm doing. I can't tell you what's right and wrong. This doesn't seem to be multiple choice. Life is an essay test. I don't know the rules, I'm not sure if you kneel or bow, when you dip your hand in the water, I'm not exactly sure what it means, and I have no idea how long you should pray before going back to your seat. I drift off to places in my head, and standing still with my eyes closed, sometimes makes me feel like I might topple over. I prefer to make it up as I go along, I'm trying the best I can to be what would be described as a good person. So in the morning, I say hello in the hall way. I think about the best stuff in people. I ask God to help my friends. Some might think it's time wasted, but if one action, creates another positive reaction, then what we believe maybe trivial. The time I spend saying thank you is my time well spent. I've never been good at letting go, in fact I suck at release, deep breathing exercises, and reaching REM sleep. Sometimes I feel faithless, a failure at letting things happen, but I say hello in the hall way, and I hold the elevator for some guy on the second floor, and I smile at a stranger, and I take a deep breath, and try to have faith. If it doesn't mean anything, then what does it mean?

Lesson #28: Do the right thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment