Sunday, October 31, 2010

Great Expectations

"Everything I have ever done, I've done for you."
-Finn, Great Expectations

Not all stories have happy endings. Some of them are unrequited. Sometimes I worry about becoming a Havisham? Living stuck amongst the dust, the burned down ruins of a life that's made up. What if its all for not. Continually disappointed by great expectations, living a life of limits on where my mind should wander. Unfortunately I'm not built that way. I still wish for something hopeful, where every Stella finds her Finn. Some days it's harder than others. Life is not about Cinderella. Here I am grocery store wandering, creating petitions for happy endings, making peace with bad decisions, searching wildly for better conclusions. Everything is for something else.

Lesson #30: Be happy with what you have.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment